Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Suggestions on FEATURES

Ok, so another thought I had was that I would post, probably in a side column, some helpful and/or interesting notes or pieces of writing. What would make you most excited to visit the blog? Links to cool poems? Links to interesting articles, especially ones that relate to what you are writing in class? Links to other online writing sites? Important class documents? Quotes of the day? Use your imagination and be specific in your suggestions!

5 comments:

  1. There should be a word of the day. You could even use the words from our vocab book to help the students remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Emily's idea! You could also have a sample question of the day relating to a book that is currently being read. If a student answers a question every day, you could give her a few extra credit points and that way students would look at the blog every day. I also like the idea of having quotes of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think having a quote of the day would be a great way to draw my attention to this blog. Maybe it could be unrelated to what we are doing sometimes, and just a funny quote! It might be fun also to have a picture of the day on a side column. It could be funny, or relevant to what we are working on it class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that instead of a quote of the day, you have a joke of the day! I think jokes are so much fun. Even when they are really cheesy, people will still find them funny.
    OR
    You should have some type of game. For example, while learning about descriptions, you could write a complicated description of something and the rest of the class could guess it. The description would have to be kind of hard to figure out, but still understandable. You could even throw in some vocab words to help students understand them more! The winner could get extra points, or a piece of candy or some special reward.
    OR
    You could have a pop question of the day, where you ask a question about something that happened during that day's class. It could be something as simple as, "What color shoes was Mrs. Gahan wearing today?" or "Who popped in to say hello today during class?" Again, the student that posts the answer first on the blog can get some kind of special prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you'd like to change the layout of this blog (the background and such), go to this website:

    www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

    They have so many layouts to choose from, it's insane. And the best thing is, it's all FREE! They even include instructions for how to install the layout.

    Since you're about to have a baby, may I make a suggestion for the layout? Have a baby theme. :) Here's a link to their baby layouts:

    http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/category/6.html

    Enjoy, and I hope that this is helpful!!

    ReplyDelete